Cheltenham House is situated in the heart of Hanmer Springs and is surrounded by an extensive garden, lawn, flowerbeds and mature trees to attract native bird life. Originally built in the 1930’s, Cheltenham House is constructed of beautiful native heart rimu.
The hosts, Len and Maree, are both third generation New Zealanders. They purchased Cheltenham House in 1995 and refurbished to comfort every comfort for their guests. Cheltenham House has strong historical links with the pioneer farmers of North Canterbury and the character of this heritage home has been preserved.